Saturday, September 17, 2005

I like the Alps

They are nice. That's all I can say, I'm at a loss for words. And, the internet being what it is, I have no recourse to the wild waving of hands and jumping up and down that might otherwise help.
Highlights that spring easily to mind, in no particular order:
snow(ball)
tasty food, in France and in Italy
mountains (imagine that)
company.

But Leonie flew back to old blighty yesterday, so I'm back on my lonesome, and still in town because yesterday evening was weird. On the bright side, I saw a wine glass player, which I'm taking as a sign that I should be an aquaphonist in the band when I get back to London (Holly, Helen, Robin, others, get yourselves ready!). I also saw the Trio di Torino please a home crowd with a programme of Chausson pieces, at the Teatro Reggio.

It's hot in Turin, too, but I like it less than Geneva, probably because my attempt at going dancing last night (a soul and funk night! right next to the Po river!) came to naught.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arthur,
What was so wierd that you didn't make out of turin? I am safe in 'old blighty' though my plane was delayed for hours. Got to talk to an interesting math (!) professor on the Gatwick express. (why does it always seem to be math?) To all, I will be sending photos so nag arthur to post them.

10:55 am BST  
Blogger Christina said...

Hey Leonie,

Thanks for taking good care of Arthur, hope you also had a great time in the Alps. I'm looking forward to the photos!

Jas, I'm looking up Rome hostel info for you.

xo C

2:45 am BST  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

Arthur:

Post the photos. We demand it.

-BeaucoupKevin.

11:13 pm BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, comfy place you got here :)..

6:24 am BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To those following Arthur's posts, he promises an update when he reaches Genoa.

For now, he phoned home today, from somewhere in Cinqueterre. His contact time was up and he is very considerate. We only fret if we don't hear from him in 7 days. Leonie, thank you so much for walking the Alps section! We would have worried there, but knowing you were with him put us at ease.

His interim report from the short phone call: Italy is expensive and internet is scarce.

Way to go, Jas.
Love, M & D

8:43 pm BST  
Blogger secretagentarthur said...

Sillies, Cinqueterre comes after Genova. I was in Campo Ligure, a day still from the coast. But on my way tomorrow to the Cinqueterre.

The weirdness in Turin was my mood, and that choosing to go to the concert meant I couldn't get online, so didn't know where I was going to go. But it turned out for the best.

As for the requests for photos, if they come I will build it. Just give Leonie some time to unpack her computer.

12:23 pm BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vvvvvvvvvvv

8:33 pm BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home