Thursday, September 01, 2005

geneva

back to hunt and peck, now that i'm not in france. that's right i'm at geneva airport waiting for a flight from london to land, with my companion for the alps.

the border was fun, everyone just drives through. i got a 'no you have to walk through the tunnel' when i asked if there was an alternate pedestrian route. silly me for choosing the crossing that goes under the runway. it was dusty.

unlike the haute jura, which was very pretty and very steep. st-claude to gex was 42km if you took the roads so i went the short way, straight over 3 mountains. it was tiring, but i'm still blister free. other stories will come later, as will an updated itînerary before i leave. i refusse to rush to keep on schedule now. hitching a few days ago took me past st-maur, where they boast the largest hedgerow maze in europem which i didn't know until i was 20km past it. if only that man hadn't been so nice and had dropped me off in lons-le-saunier instead. oh well. i'll have to repeat the trip and make sure not to miss it next time. or maybe i'll just drive there someday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Hooray for blister freedom! Sad about the hedge maze. Now that I know about it I want to go too, whenever you make it there. Looking forward to more stories/itinerary.

3:00 pm BST  
Blogger Christina said...

Oh, and I was just taking some pictures of clouds this morning and thinking of you. Soon to be uploaded on flickr.

3:01 pm BST  
Blogger secretagentarthur said...

on the subject of cloud pictures. i've stopped that now. there are enough to look at every day unless you live in the wrong part of the world, in which case i suspect sand dunes would offer a more than adequate substitute.

12:44 pm BST  
Blogger Christina said...

Funny. You're right, but I still like saving some of them as pixels.

7:46 am BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi arthur. I've joined this 'walking companion' related website and wondered if you know of any other website which might help me to find a walking companion in my local area? Many thanks

7:25 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home